The Brain Buddha newsletter helps you live your best life by focusing on the 4 Pillars: Your Mind, You Money, Your Body & Your Relationships.
In this issue:
- Brain Buddha: Dealing with Haters
- Money Buddha: This Robinhood is Not the Robinhood You’re Looking For…
- Body Buddha: How to Calm Your Mind for Better Sleep
- Relationship Buddha: Is Your Partner’s Snoring Keeping You Awake? Do This…
- Brain Buddha’s Visual of the Week
BRAIN BUDDHA 🧠
Dealing with Haters
“Haters don’t really hate you.— Paulo Coelho Quotes (@PauloCoelho_DQ) December 21, 2021
They hate themselves, because you’re a reflection of what they wish to be.”
| Paulo Coelho
MONEY BUDDHA 💵
This Robinhood is Not the Robinhood You’re Looking For…
Robinhood, the zero-commission stock trading app, has been hugely popular but it’s a trading app the Money Buddha stays away from.
First, Robinhood is not the only zero-commission or zero-fee trading platform.
Second, this is the biggest reason to avoid them, is how Robinhood actually makes money…selling your data, specifically, your trading order data.
A critical thinker would immediately have warning bells going off…
…wouldn’t this be a conflict of interest?
That would be a huge yes.
Grit Capital, provides a one of the better deep dives into explaining what this all means and why if you’re trading on Robinhood, you may want to re-consider.
Don’t forget, the original Robinhood supposedly stole from the rich and gave to the poor. The current day Robinhood app is taking your data and selling to the rich. This is certainly not the Robinhood you’re looking for.
BODY BUDDHA 🧘🏻♀️
How to Calm Your Mind for Better Sleep
For as long as I can remember, I’ve always had a “busy” mind, especially before going to sleep.
That’s not a fun thing if you want to get a good night’s sleep.
Here’s five ways to calm your mind to get a better night’s sleep:
- Perform this breathing exercise: inhale 3 seconds, hold 3 seconds, exhale 3 seconds, hold 3 seconds, repeat four times
- Empty your worries on paper: write down your top three worries on paper or a journal to get it out of your head
- Stretch: doing some light stretching for ten minutes before bed to reduce body tension & relax
- Replace screen time: instead of looking at your phone or a tablet before bed, do some light reading for a short period of time
- Recite a bedtime mantra: you can create your own little mantra to repeat just before bed
RELATIONSHIP BUDDHA ❤️
Is Your Partner’s Snoring Keeping Your Awake? Do This…
In the U.S. alone, it is estimated 57% of men and 40% of women are affected by snoring.
So, it’s not surprising many couples need to sleep in separate rooms in order to get a good night’s sleep.
But what if you don’t have an extra room?
One of you can sleep with your head at the opposite end of your bed. This way, your partner’s snoring is not right next to your head (and ears).
My wife and I have done this and it makes a big difference.
Try it out and let me know if it works for you.
VISUAL OF THE WEEK
*Disclaimer: The Brain Buddha publishes financial information and does not offer personalized or individualized financial advice. Please consult your own financial advisor for specific advice to your own situation.
The statement and expression of opinion is not an offer or solicitation to buy or sell the financial products mentioned.
The Brain Buddha and it’s parent & subsidiary brands & companies do not accept any liability whatsoever for any direct or indirect loss arising from the use of any information shared on this website, emails or any content sharing channels.
Get the Weekly Brain Buddha
Get weekly content on nourishing your brain and living your best life.
Each week covers our 4 Pillars: Your brain (mental wellness), your body (physical health), your money (personal finances & investing) and your relationships.
Not sure if The Brain Buddha newsletter is for you? Check out The Brain Buddha Manifesto (opens in new tab) to see if our mission resonates with you.