If you are worried that you or your loved ones are suffering from low self-esteem, here are some symptoms you can look for:
- Avoiding social gatherings
- Displaying feelings of demotivation
- Often looks down at the floor when talking to others
- Often looks down at the ground when walking
- Showing disinterest in activities that normally generate interest
- Tendency to miss school or work due to illness even though not really ill
- Consumed by what others think of them
- Not concerned with your own wants and needs, constantly catering to other’s needs
- Believing that your own opinion or suggestions aren’t important
Symptoms of low self-esteem can vary among different people. The symptoms listed here are only a partial list.
If you believe you suffer from low self-esteem, find somebody you feel comfortable with to talk to.
Never feel like you are in this alone. The reason this site even exists is because thousands if not millions around the world suffer from low self-esteem.
Get the Weekly Brain Buddha
Get weekly content on nourishing your brain and living your best life.
Each week covers our 4 Pillars: Your brain (mental wellness), your body (physical health), your money (personal finances & investing) and your relationships.
Not sure if The Brain Buddha newsletter is for you? Check out The Brain Buddha Manifesto (opens in new tab) to see if our mission resonates with you.