I’ve always loved to study and watch other people (not in a stalking sort of way =) ).
You can always learn so much by observing and mimicking what other people do.
One of the best ways to boost your self-confidence is to learn what kind of common traits confident people have or display.
Here are five traits that I’ve observed in confident people that you can learn from:
- Accept your mistakes and faults . There is not one person on this planet that is 100% perfect. No one.Confidence people know they’ll make mistakes, mistakes don’t bother them. They just accept them as part of life and learning. If you make a mistake, don’t be so hard on yourself – just learn what happened to cause this mistake and learn how to prevent it from happening again.Don’t beat yourself up over mistakes.
- Accept that you can’t please everyone. Stop worrying about what everyone thinks or pleasing everyone, it will never happen (and it’s not your fault). Confident people don’t try to please everyone.The number one concern is pleasing themselves. This doesn’t mean disregarding other people’s feelings or situations. But it means accepting the fact that it’s not your job to please everyone.
- Have a positive outlook. You don’t need to be smiling 24hrs a day, but looking at events and situations with a positive outlook will have a positive affect on how you react to these situations which will in turn boost your confidence.
- Say “I can” rather than “I can’t”. Confident people would never say nor think that they “can’t” do something. Confident people have an “I can” do attitude.Stop preventing yourself from succeeding by being your best and loudest supporter. Always think “I can”.
- Smile. Confident people feel nervous and insecure just like everyone else. The difference is that they don’t show it.One of the most overlooked and simplest ways to look and feel confident (no matter what you’re doing) is to smile while you’re doing it.